Jennifer was born near San Francisco, where her mother’s family settled after emigrating from Santa Ana, El Salvador in the 1960s. Her father’s family emigrated from Tripoli, Greece, passing through Ellis Island in New York en route to California. Her family’s diverse, multicultural heritage inspired her to pursue a profession where she could help others live and work in the United States.
Jennifer lives in Roanoke, Virginia with her husband Rob and their daughter Elena. They enjoy hiking, attending local sport events, and traveling as a family.
Before moving to Virginia, Jennifer graduated from the University of California-Davis. While there, she was co-captain of the UC-Davis Mock Trial Team and served as the Professional Chair of Phi Alpha Delta, a coeducational pre-law fraternity. She worked as a research assistant on gender communication strategies in diverse communities and graduated with honors with degrees in Sociology and Communication.
Jennifer attended Washington & Lee University School of Law in Lexington, Virginia, where she developed her interest for immigration law. She was a Vice President of the Latin American Law Student Association in her second year and worked as a student attorney in the Immigration Law Clinic in her third year.
Jennifer also served as a Vice Chair of the Moot Court Executive Board, an honor she received for her achievements as finalist and runner-up in the Robert J. Grey Negotiation Competition; finalist in the Mediation Competition; finalist in the Mock Trial Competition; and, runner-up for best brief in the John W. Davis Appellate Advocacy Competition.
Memberships & Association
- Board Member,
Blue Ridge Literacy Board of Directors
- Director at Large and Communications Committee Chair,
Virginia Women Attorneys Association
- Member and Social Media Subcommittee Chair,
VSB Special Committee on Access to Legal Services
- Past President,
Virginia Women Attorneys Association Roanoke Chapter
VSB Special Committee on Technology and Practice of Law
TAP Domestic Violence Services Advisory Commission
American Immigration Lawyers Association
Roanoke Bar Association
Lectures, Presentations, & Articles
- Immigration Law Overview, Virginia Institute for Lifelong Learning, Radford University
- Law Enforcement and the Immigrant Community, Family Violence Coordination Council Conference, Roanoke Police Academy
- T Visas, U Visas, and the Violence Against Women Act, Total Action for Progress Domestic Violence Services and Sexual Assault Response and Awareness
- Employment and Immigration Law Overview, Virginia Employment Commission, Roanoke Office
- Notario Fraud and Immigration Consequences, Regional Immigration Community Meeting, Roanoke City Public Schools
- Advancement of Women in the Legal Profession, Lara D. Gass Women in the Law Symposium, Washington & Lee University School of Law
- Ethical Considerations in Pro Bono Webinar, VSB National Pro Bono Celebration Kickoff
- On the Horizon: Bridging the Justice Gap with Web-Based Solutions, Virginia Lawyer Magazine